Amaranth Foundation’s Point of Difference is the belief that each person has innate worth and dignity and is the expert of their own lives. Principles of Australian social work are embedded into Amaranth’s vision and purpose. These principles include professional integrity, respect and social justice. Our services are designed to provide a ‘wrap around’ or integrated model of care and support, and see problems as separate to the person. People experience difficulties with their environment – whether that be their personal or physical environment, their personal relationships, their social networks, their community, the political environment or their geography.
Call for a chat
There are services that provide immediate counselling and support over the phone. You can access telephone support for natural disasters by contacting:
- Access immediate free counselling for disaster affected people through Services Australia – 1800 22 66
- Lifeline’s dedicated 24/7 crisis support number 13 11 14 or their Bushfire Recovery Crisis Support line 13 HELP (13 43 57)
- MensLine – 1300 78 99 78
- Beyond Blue – 1300 224 636
- GriefLine – 1300 845 745
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 (telephone counselling for young people aged 5 to 25)
- Qlife – 1800 184 527 (telephone and online counselling daily 3pm to midnight for LGBTI people of all ages)
If you need an interpreter to help speak with any of the above services, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.